Friday, November 9, 2012

Support

I love having friends that are a wonderful support system.  When we first moved to North Dakota I didn't know anyone.  I would just take Alexis to the park and we would keep to ourselves.  Since moving into our house a year and a half ago I have managed to make some wonderful friends and find a great support system.

I am happy to be a part of a wonderful group of moms. MOPs(Mom's of Preschoolers) is such a great group.  I have met some wonderful ladies and I now Alexis has really come to her own and loves meeting new kids and really enjoys the time to play and learn.  Last year we went to a couple meetings and Alexis was still unsure about leaving me and she would prefer to stay with me at the meetings.  This year I am so happy that she is starting to get use to not having me around all the time.  She loves going to MOPPETS and is so excited to see me when I come and get her.  She likes to show me what they made and she talks about what they did while I talk with other mommies.  I love knowing that she is social and really can handle things without me.  I also love having that time to be around other adults and have uninterrupted conversation.  The support you get from a group like MOPs is unbeatable.  Having this group of women also clams my nerves and fears about having another baby.  My biggest fear is being overwhelmed with it all.  Then I see how these women come together to help each other when someone is in need and I know that I will be able to count on them if I ever need anything.

I hope to be a part of this group in some form for a long time.

Here's to the wonderful support system I have found and hope everyone finds a great support system somewhere in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment