Monday, November 19, 2012

Birthday

Well today is my birthday!  Yup, I am turning 29.  I guess 29 isn't really a magic number when it comes to birthdays.  I mean I could go around saying I have entered the last year of my 20s.  But for me I am not completely oppressed with age and some people seem to be.  Will I be a little dumbfounded when I turn 30, probably but only because where my life is and how blessed I am and the fact that I cannot believe everything that I have done with my life up to that point.

I have never really been big on birthdays.  Never had big huge celebrations and honestly I never really needed a big sweet 16 party or anything special.  My parents always made sure I had great birthdays and made them all special even celebrating milestones.  My parents had decided when my older sister was nearing the age of 21 that since we didn't get anything by way of a sweet 16 or even much at 18 that when each of us turned 21 they would take us to Las Vegas and let me say that was a great trip.  By the time my little sister turned 21 we were all able to go and celebrate with her which I think made her birthday even more special.  Also it was a special time because that is when my husband proposed to me.

I love having the small traditions like that for birthdays.  Going some place special for the day, or making sure you do something special on a milestone birthday.  Even though my daughter is only three I am thinking about and wondering what milestone birthday we will do something extra special for.  I like the idea of going to Vegas for your 21st birthday.  Las Vegas is a great time and when you are 21 and go to vegas you are able to do it all, drink, gamble and just have fun.  Plus there is a lot to do and see there, shows, tourist things and of course there is food.  If you want a place to go eat, you cannot swing a cat without hitting a buffet in Las Vegas.

For this birthday I am keeping it low key.  Alexis still has a cold and cough so we will just be hanging around the house.  I do have to Thanksgiving grocery shopping to get done, maybe spending the gift card to payless I got from my parents.  (yay I get new shoes for work).  Maybe a quick stop at the Humane Society(or doggy cave as Alexis likes to call it).

So here's to a great birthday!

1 comment: