Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The cold has arrived

Now I am not talking about sickness, thank goodness.  NO I am talking about the bitter, cannot go outside more then a couple minutes, bundle up in winter coats, hats and gloves kind of cold.  It's has arrived in Grand Forks and now there is no going back until the spring.

Yesterday the temperature was in the 40s but it was so windy and the wind was cold all either Alexis and I could stand was about 20 minutes outside.  It was actually raining when we woke up so it was still wet outside when we went out.  Pretty much all we did was run back and forth on the sidewalk.  But it was good to get outside and have some fresh air because soon enough it will be below zero out and there will be no going outside at all.

Today we went to the local Santa's Village with MOPs and had a good time.  They set it up really nice with a lot of decorated trees.  It makes me a little envious that I do not have the talent to really create an amazing themed tree.  But with a three year old it's fun to put up all the ornaments from my childhood and add new ones we get Alexis.  She has a fun time hanging up the ornaments.  At the Santa's Village they had a couple craft things for the kids to do and then handed out cookies and hot chocolate.  Alexis had fun doing the crafts.  They had foam stickers, and had foam gingerbread girls(and boys) to decorate.  Alexis did such a good job.  Even gave her gingerbread girl hair.  She has lately been insisting that when anyone draws a smily face that the face needs to have hair on it.  They also had a scratch away thing, there you scratch off the black to see the color behind it.  That was actually pretty cool and I made sure to put her name on it and the year so if this becomes an annual thing we can keep the ornaments.

We actually set up a 32 inch tree in Alexis' room so I think I will hang that ornament on her tree.  I also have several craft project ideas that I have gotten off pinterest to make ornaments.  So every year when she makes an ornament we will give an ornament to each set of grandparents and then she can make one for her tree and her tree will be all of the self made ornament.  I am excited to start the tradition of making an new ornament every year.

Here's to the coming winter and all the fun ideas that will hopefully become real.

No comments:

Post a Comment