Monday, April 1, 2013

'Safe' Zone

Well I have passed the twelve week mark with my pregnancy.  Hitting the twelve week mark is considered a milestone and your chance of miscarriage decreases greatly.  Now nothing is guaranteed and I am not completely in the 'clear' until I give birth to a healthy and happy little baby.  Technically I still haven't made it to the second trimester, when you use the 40 week timeline second trimester doesn't start until 13 weeks and like 3 days so I am inching ever so close.

I am excited for my second trimester to get here.  Usually in the second trimester the nausea subsides, and you get energy back.  I am looking forward to getting my energy back and thankfully my nausea has already started to decrease.  I have come across one food aversion so far.  Taco Salad.  I have had it for dinner twice and both times the outcome later in the evening was not pretty.  Of course now that we have had it, my husband keeps wanting it but I am not going to be wanting to eat it for the duration.  I really need my energy back and fast because starting tomorrow I am going to be babysitting an 8 week old.  It will be nice practice for both me and Alexis to have a baby around, I just don't want to be tired all the time, but that's something I will have to get use to.

In other news, I have officially registered Alexis for preschool for this fall.  It's kind of bittersweet.  I cannot believe she is old enough to start school, but then it will be good for the both of us.  She will be going three days a week for three hours a day in the afternoon.  It will be nice for me so I can get stuff done around the house and then once the baby is born I will get some one on one time with the baby.  I am kind of sad that my little girl has grown up so fast.  I look at her and wonder where the last 3.5 years went.  I am excited to have another baby so I can experience all the first over again with a new little one.

We had a wonderful easter.  Alexis had so much fun dying easter eggs, she woke up the morning we dyed the eggs begging to get started before we were even out of bed.  The town has an easter thing they do every year.  This year that made it over two days which was nice.  On Good Friday, at the university's football stadium(indoors) they had all sorts of inflatables set up and some other activities so we took Alexis for a couples hours during the day and then Casey took her again after dinner.  She loves bouncing on inflatables, and there were not that many people there on Friday so she practically had the place to herself.  She had to try all the inflatables at least once and then would go back to her favorites over and over again.  We did splurge and pay for her to do the bungee bounce they had set up.  It wasn't bungee jumping.  She was harnessed in and it was connected to bungee cords and she would jump in an inflated trampoline.  Once she got the hang of bouncing with the harness on she had so much fun doing it.  I have a feeling it might a thing she does every year.  On Saturday they had their annual egg scramble.  Thankfully this year they put it in a separate room from the inflatables.  It was a bigger space then in the past.  Basically all they do is have thousands of eggs just laying on the floor and when they say go the kids run out and collect as many as they can.  Because of the popularity of it we ended up getting there at least 20 minutes early to find a spot and waited.  She had so much fun collecting eggs, we actually did two different scrambles.  She did the one for the 2-3 year olds and then after realizing it was too crowded where the inflatables she wanted to do another scramble so we got her into the 4-6 year olds.  Thankfully they don't check ages.  The second one she didn't as many eggs  but that one wasn't so much about getting many eggs as it was to having fun.  Easter morning Alexis woke up early, thankfully came into our room first(as opposed to last year when she went straight downstairs and found all the eggs before we woke up).  Once she was awake all she wanted to do was go downstairs and see if the Easter Bunny had left anything and hid eggs.  Thankfully we got her ready and we all made it to church before she went egg finding crazy.  She just loves finding eggs around and we usually keep the plastic eggs out for several days because she will hid them over and over again and we will take turns 'finding' them.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  Here is to continuing to get more energy throughout this pregnancy and to the spring that is finally arriving in Grand Forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment