Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The baby's room

So we actually haven't started to do any work on the baby's room we do have plans for it.  We found a crib set that we love, and that my mom my surprised us with and we are using that as the basis for the room.  With Alexis we didn't really have a theme for her room, we didn't even have a crib set.  We never found one that we liked.  We had her room painted purple and when we moved we painted her new room purple.  This time around we are going, I guess you could say non traditional in the paint color we are going for in the new room.

We are hoping to find or have the store match the blue in the crib set so we can use it on the walls.  I know blue isn't traditional for girls, but it's a really nice baby blue/aqua color that I think will go really nicely in the room plus we will have pastel color accents, most pink accents so it will still be a girly room just blue walls.

My great aunt is doing a cross stitch piece for the room.  She made one for me and my sisters and then made one for Alexis.  She includes the baby's name, and all the stats of the birth.  I love what she does for us and it's just a special way to commemorate the birth.  The colors in the one she picked out will go nicely in the room.  And then I am doing to do a Pinterest inspired piece for the initials.  For Alexis we just have traditional hanging letters in her initials.  This time we will be doing buttons and frames in the letters.  Hoping it turns out as good as I think it will in my mind.

Since my mom got us the crib set I know have something to use to compare for paint colors.  I cannot wait to finish removing the moose and tree wallpaper that the previous owners had put up in the room.

Here are the 'before' pictures.


Here's to starting work on the baby's room.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! Yay for starting on the nursery! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete